Dave Hyatt wants the top ten list of Safari problem. I and many other Japanese (or perhaps, any other international) users have ONE BIG SERIOUS PROBLEM.
I don't care much about other problems, but the problem described below must be fixed ASAP, if Safari wants to be a serious Web browser in the international market.
No.1 SERIOUS PROBLEM:
- instability with the text encoding
you can test this blog to verify this problem.
- you will enter some Japanese string in the comments. Here is one for you: "日本語"
- press preview
- then press command+"[" to go back to previous screen
- type in some Japanese characters again
- press the preview button
- and voila, you get a Japanese string in different encoding (i.e. the string does not display correctly)
as long as Safari has this problem, no one can use it as a serious Web browser. They cannot use it a browser of choice for ordering something on the web, sending feedback to someone, etc. And this problem need to be fixed ASAP! (I have sent several bug reports about this problem)